Pedal Revolution PedalPark
The home for cycling participation, competition and recreation in Norfolk...
Opening Summer 2016
- Coaching, club racing & time trials every Saturday
- "Park Ride", family/novice riding, training, learn-to-ride with fun & games for all ages every Sunday
- Open to members every day
- Recreational riding centre for the Broads National Park and North Norfolk Coast
- Schools, clubs, corporate days
- Award winning community engagement projects
- 3 mile circuit (red)
- 750m technical circuit (green)
- Barriered finish line area with gantry
- Lap timing system
- changing & showers
- Cafe/bistro & indoor viewing
- workshop & classes
- Massage, bike fit & performance centre
- Community centre
- Recreational riding destination
- Explore North Norfolk & Broads National
- Park with progressive rides
- Progressive routes 5-100 miles
Cycling is now, according to Sport England, the UK's fastest growing sport attracting people of all ages and abilities. The team behind PedalPark team have created transformational community outcomes by engaging, inspiring and enabling inactive individuals and families to participate in cycling and unlock the benefits of an active lifestyle and facilitating a long-term behaviour change.
The team have also provided the backbone of the local grassroots cyclesport coaching and racing programmes and created Norfolk's biggest locally organised cycling event - the Tour de Broads which now attracts riders from all around the region and across the UK.
Cycling has become a mainstream recreational, leisure and sports activity in the UK and with focussed facilities, innovative engagement projects and a full programme of high quality events now is the time to invest in facilities and create a destination venue for recreational, leisure and competitive cycling in the heart of Norfolk.
The vision for PedalPark is to create a high-quality sports and leisure facility that is unique to our region. It will offer grassroots riding, training, coaching and competition to raise and sustain participation levels across a wide range of ages and ability levels. It is not all about competition, PedalPark is also integrated into the traffic-free Norfolk Trials routes and has a myriad of progressively challenging traffic-light routes radiating out into the splendour of North Norfolk and Broadland and unlocking hidden treasures and familiar tourist attractions.
- Innovative engagement projects to create positive community outcomes
- Health & Well-being initiatives
- Bikeability training
- Disability riding
- Learn, Recycle, Ride programmes to transform self-esteem, confidence, life-skills and employability and offer free bikes to targeted community segments
- Open free community workshop
- Diversionary projects
- Cross-generational volunteering
- Progressive six week beginners coaching programme with British Cycling qualified coaches - scholarship places for local community
- Weekly race and ride coaching for novice, improvers and regular riders across a wide range of disciplines
- Winter Spring, Summer , Autumn Race series for Youth, Novice and Racers over race, time-trial and enduro disciplines including 24 hour team enduro charity event
- Sports Therapy, fitness testing, precision bike fit, yoga, stretch, indoor training and coaching
- Annual membership to ride and/or train everyday
- Free loan bike fleet focussed on schools and local community
If you would like to read more about the PedalPark vision...
Download the PedalPark Brochure
Last update: 06/05/16 v5.0
- Cycling destination integrated into the Norfolk Trails network of trafficfree routes ideal for new riders and families
- Myriad of traffic-light progressive rides for all abilities showcasing North Norfolk and Broadland
- Bike Hire
- Mass participation event
- Family road safety coaching focussing on confidence, bike control and awareness