Saturday 5 October: 18:23
- Start and finish at Sloughbottom Park and ride along Marriotts Way
- Start when you like – Meet at Sloughbottom, the event village will be open from midday
- Collect your wristband from the mandatory half way point
- Beat the clock to arrive back before Sunset – How late dare you wait? Kudos to the rider or team that starts the latest but still gets home by sunset.
- All routes include drink and food at the finish.
- No mechanical assistance en-route – so take your own spares. We’ll be on call with a Broomwagon to collect you and your bike if you can’t continue due to medical/mechanical failure
Lights and spares compulsory.
50 mile – Aylsham & back
25 mile – Whitwell & back
Be aware of and be courteous and considerate to other users;
- Event participants, even if racing on foot, do not have priority;
- On bridleways, cyclists must give way to walkers and horse-riders by law (Section30 Countryside Act 1968);
- Racing of bikes on a public highway (e.g.bridleway) including ‘against the clock’ or riding recklessly or without due care and attention is a criminal offence. (Roadtraffic Act 1988, sections 66-69).