This is a cycling challenge ride like no other.
You choose 25 or 50 miles and your route to the respective checkpoint and back or use our electronic mapped route. Mother Nature has set the Sunset. We start the Sunset Countdown timer with five hours to go. You choose your start time to finish before the Sunset Countdown Timer runs out.
One second after the Sunset Countdown timer finishes and you’re out – all that effort wasted.
One second inside the Sunset Countdown timer and you’re a superstar – but did you leave to early before Sunset? How late dare you wait?
Use the Sunset Countdown Round 1 as your benchmark. Leave later in Round 2 and set a new Sunset Countdown Personal Best. More peer group & Strava kudos, better personal satisfaction and that elation of improving your best.
Sometimes the simplest things are the toughest challenges…
Plan your own route
A sportive with a difference
- Start when you like – Meet at Whitlingham, the event village will be open from 3pm
- Plan your own route – Find your own stops and take or buy your own food en route.
We’ll give you suggested drink stops and a mandatory half way point where you collect your wristband. The route is NOT signed.
- Beat the clock to arrive back before Sunset - How late dare you wait? Kudos to the rider or team that starts the latest but still gets home by sunset.
- Find your own stops and take or buy your own food en route
- Enter both for your interlocking medals
- All routes include drink and food at the finish – the post-ride party starts at sunset with pizza and a drink to celebrate your achievement.
- No mechanical assistance en-route –so take your own spares. We’ll be on call with a Broomwagon to collect you and your bike if you can’t continue due to medical/mechanical failure.
Lights are compulsory.
Saturday 8 June 21:15
Saturday 15 June 21:20